Your lymphatic system is the relatively unknown septic system of your body running alongside your circulatory system, (your blood). When it is in good working order it is in charge of removing wastes and excess fluids from your cells and tissues, keeping you healthy. You have a massive 3 times the amount of lymph fluid than blood in your body but unfortunately the lymph doesn’t have a pump to move it around to everywhere it needs to be like your heart pushes your blood around.
If it’s not functioning efficiently due to SOOO many reasons, fluid and wastes can build up in your tissues causing fluid retention, stagnation of toxins and preventing the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the cells.
The removal of toxic wastes, bacteria, heavy metals, dead cells, trapped proteins and fat globules all rely on this ‘river of life’ flowing freely and doing its job.
LYMPHATIC ROUTINE – YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF!
FOLLOW THESE TIPS TO ENSURE FAST RESULTS
1. Exercise – any movement is going to help increase the flow, even deep expansive breathing for 2 minutes will help. Swing your arms when walking or jog your feet every 10 mins if stuck sitting at a desk. A rebounder trampoline or wiggle machine will help as well.
2. Self massage – use your fingers and rake your skin from inner knee to outer thigh, wiggle, wobble and thumb this whole area and then rake towards the heart again. Do the same with your breasts. Rake from outer ribs to arm pit and then across to your heart, bend over and wiggle your boobs and then rake again. Dry skin brushing or a hand held massager is also great.
IF IT HURTS, STOP OR GO SOFTER. BLOCKED LYMPH WILL FEEL LIKE A GRAVEL ROAD, LOTS OF BUMPY AREAS.
3. Alternate hot / cold shower or hot epsom salt bath for 2 mins then hop out into a cold shower and repeat. Exfoliate your skin every week with a scrub or loafer to remove dead skin cells.
4. Drink 1/2 a lemon in water every morning, first thing. Wait 1/2 hour before any stimulant teas or coffee.
5. Drink 3- 4 Litres of water per day
6. Encourage sweating – Infra-Red, exercise, sunshine, do not use anti-perspirant deodorant!
7. Remove acidic foods – dairy, wheat, sugar all the processed crap that increases mucus and is a burden on your cells. Increase ALIVE ALKALINE foods, fruit and vegetables in abundance (organic is best). I can supply you with a list, just ask xo
8. Support your liver. Increase fibre and vegetable greens. Think of doing a detoxification cleanse with liver supportive herbs and supplements.
9. Remove toxic household items
10. Move, bounce and wiggle your body as much as possible! Get your husband involved in the breast massage, Im sure he will be happy to help!